Indie Grits Visiones
This is an all day event ( April 20, 2017 )Add to My Calendar 20/04/2017 23/04/2017 15 Indie Grits Visiones Indie Grits, the Southeast’s premier film and culture festival in Columbia, S.C. for DIY media-makers, is April 20-23, 2017. The theme for this year’s festival is Visiones, through which Indie Grits will explore ways that the explosive Latino population growth in South Carolina and the... http://www.figcolumbia.com//events/view/indie-grits-visiones In and around the Nickelodeon Theatre (1607 Main St.) Organizer Organizer e-mail true
In and around the Nickelodeon Theatre (1607 Main St.)
Indie Grits, the Southeast’s premier film and culture festival in Columbia, S.C. for DIY media-makers, is April 20-23, 2017. The theme for this year’s festival is Visiones, through which Indie Grits will explore ways that the explosive Latino population growth in South Carolina and the Southeastern United States influences Southern culture through film, culture and arts.
For video of the press conference, please click here to see the event on Facebook.com/IndieGrits.
Festival passes and tickets are available at IndieGrits.com, which also lists the festival’s full event schedule, including:
• Noche de Visiones, Thursday, April 20: The festival’s free opening night block party featuring Lambchop and Curtis Harding live on the 1600 block of Main Street.
• Visiones artistic cohort premier, Thursday, April 20: Latinx artists unveil performances, installations and exhibitions.
• Food Truck Parranda, Saturday, April 22. The best Latin American food trucks and carts in South Carolina come together to offer an authentic taste of Latin America with live music on Hampton Street between Richland Library and St. Peter’s Catholic Church.
• Film: More than 70 films are in competition at Indie Grits, including many films by Latinx filmmakers. For the first time, Indie Grits opened submissions to Latin American filmmakers. Films will screen throughout the festival at the Nick at 1607 Main St.
• More: Visits IndieGrits.com for info on the Puppet Slam, Kindie Grits, Indie Bits and artist and filmmaker bios.
“We’re so proud of Visiones, especially its timeliness. Though we’ve been planning this festival’s programming for nearly two years, it seems appropriate that this year’s Indie Grits can demonstrate ways that the arts bring cultures together through understanding,” said Amada Torruella, co-curator of Indie Grits Visiones. “This festival is full of the engaging programming and curated cultural opportunities you expect at Indie Grits, plus we'll get to explore the ways the Latinx population growth in the South is influencing our culture through film, art, food and more.”
Tickets, festival passes and a full schedule of events are now available for Indie Grits Visiones at IndieGrits.com. Follow @IndieGrits on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, #IndieGritsVisiones.